Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 8

I was successful at pumping during the night, so I'm happy about that. I also power pumped throughout the day yesterday.

I think I need to come to the realization that this may take a while. Since I was such a super pumper with both of my kids, I kinda figured this would be easier for me. Maybe my body will just pick it up easily and quickly? I also keep thinking that once I start getting milk, I'm sure it'll be easy to get my supply up.

But I probably should stop thinking that way and realize that this is a long process. Nothing is easy about it. It takes dedication, and I don't like to be a quitter. So if anything, this will be a way to prove to myself that I am capable of seeing things through.

As far as progress, I did see a drop on my right nipple yesterday. So that gave me some hope. I can imagine how happy I will be to finally see milk drop into the bottle, even if it's just a drop. Never did I think I'd look forward to seeing milk stream out in large amounts. LOL

I am disappointed that the boobs don't seem to be getting any bigger. No swelling or anything. I figure once that starts happening, I'll know that the milk ducts are getting ready. Nothing yet. I will try power pumping as much as possible again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment